Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Apsley Falls

It is raining. We are a few days into 10 days of expected rain over most of the eastern parts of Australia.  There is no reliable place to escape to, though I might try.

So, here are some pre-rain pictures of Apsley Falls near the beginning of the Apsley-Macleay river system that at some point in the past cut a huge gorge through the Northern Tablelands of New South Wales. The Northern Tablelands are part of the Great Dividing Range, which separates the interior and the coastal areas of eastern Australia.  The Tablelands are what you might think, a huge (18000 square km) highland area about 1000m high with highpoints above 1500m.
Part of the Apsley-Macleay Gorge
Apsley Falls

4 comments:

  1. The rain is over! I had a short flight today!

    I was about to pull the pin on my Australian Vacation but just in time... the sun.

    Now it's too hot again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi bro, me again. I am just poking around your blog...I posted a comment further down by mistake. Glad to hear the rain is over. Have fun flying!
    Keep cool when you can....

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's raining and super hot again. But I see sunshine in my future... an epic flight is going to happen sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete